We recently ordered in a huge, metric Grove-ton of new bottles. However, that hasn’t stopped us ordering in EVEN MORE! (Yes, yes, we get a bit over excited with the orders sometimes…)
This time round, for your drinking pleasure, we have:
Hawkshead (Cumbria) / Lervig (Norway) – ‘7’ – 33cl – 7.5%
– “Brewed in collaboration with Lervig Brewery of Norway as part of the International Rainbow Project 2014.
The project, now in its second year, saw 7 UK breweries, each paired with a different European brewery, randomly assigned a colour of the rainbow and together challenged to create a beer inspired by that colour, whether it be abstract or not.
Juniper berries and hemp and a shed load of hops – not forgetting Mike from Lervig – that’s our green inspired double IPA. 100 IBU’s of mouth smacking bitterness with aromas of pine. Sit back and enjoy the colour green.”
Hawkshead (Cumbria) – ‘Wild Wheat’ – 33cl – 4.8%
– “Our original wheat beer, Great White, has been re-fermented in oak with Brettanomyces wild yeast which has added earthy, ripe, dry, lemony, tart flavours and a hint of wood to the delicately hopped wheat beer which is brewed with coriander seed, orange peel and Motueka hops – a highly refreshing cloudy beer.”
De Molen (Netherlands) – ‘Moord & Brand’ – 33cl – 9.8%
– An Imperial Russian Stout aged in bourbon barrels, giving a deep, rich woody flavour.
Het Uiltje (Netherlands) – ‘Meneer De Uil (Bowmore)’ – 33cl – 11.5%
– Russian Imperial Stout, aged in Bowmore Scotch Whisky barrels.
Het Uiltje (Netherlands) – ‘Meneer De Uil (Arran)’ – 33cl – 11.5%
– Russian Imperial Stout, aged in Isle Of Arrran Scotch Whisky barrels.
Het Uiltje (Netherlands) – ‘Meneer De Uil (Mortlach)’ – 33cl – 11.5%
– Russian Imperial Stout, aged in Mortlach Scotch Whisky barrels.
Moylan’s (California, US) – ‘Hop Craic XXXXIPA’ – 66cl – 10.4%
– “Some addictions need to be taken to the next level. Laced with resinous oils from the lupulus cultivar, Hop Craic satiates the cravings of the hard core hop abuser. Warming alcohol and mind-bending hops will send you on a trip you will want to take again and again.”
Moylan’s (California, US) – ‘Orange & Black Congrats Ale’ – 66cl – 6.0%
– A smooth American black ale, brewed with orange zest.
Rogue (US) – ‘New Crustacean Barleywineish Imperial IPA Sorta’ – 75cl – 10.8%
– “The name sort of says it all. John Maier, our Brewmaster, wanted to create a beer that defied traditional style definitions. The result was a remarkably hoppy yet balanced and malty ale that quickly became a cult favorite in our Newport brewpub. But what was it? It was not quite a barley wine and not quite a double or imperial IPA. Who really cares about putting beers into narrow categories? Great beer is great beer – just drink it and enjoy!”
Rogue (US) – ‘Santa’s Private Reserve’ – 66cl – 60%
– “Rogue’s annual holiday offering, Santa’s Private Reserve, is a variation of the classic Saint Rogue Red, but with double the hops–including Chinook, and Centennial, and a mystery hop called Rudolph by head brewer John “more hops” Maier!” – This beer also has a glow in the dark label! Perfect as an xmas pressie for that beer lover in your life…
So there you go folks, enjoy!